This is my first attempt in making an Android Application for release on the Google Play Store.
The main aim of the app was to take my Java Knowledge and apply it to Android Development using the design principles laid out by the
Android Development team, which includes the Holo designs and Tablet interfaces.
It is a relatively simple application which uses the exchange rate provided by Currency Layer to convert currencies. It is available for free at the Google Play Store.
The code for the project is also available on my GitHub page, https://github.com/richardtan/CurrencyConverter
Also why not try out my online currency conversion tool below.
- Targetting Lollipop build API
- Switch from maven to gradle to help easier deployment via Android Studio
- Removing gingerbread support - BOOO!!!
- Chrome OS support (when android apps are available)
- Updating to latest support libraries
- More consistent currency conversion. A quick implementation to take the currency coversion from Currency Layer. This references an Google App engine implementation I created which polls Currency Layer every hour.
- Fixed issue with converting
- Allow for backups used through 3rd parties tools.
- Tablet Optimised tricks :)
- Fixed Static: Forgot to change some text in Version 1.1
- Sorting done alphabetically on names rather than on short currency e.g. AED, USD...
- Slight changes to visual when outputting the converted value